Monday, November 06, 2006

Lars Bio

Lars Larsen's Bio:

Currently I am a 39 year old man with a wife named Monica and two children, Savannah, age 5 and Sorina, age 2. I grew up in San Jose California and attended Silver Creek High School and then attended San Jose University in which I graduated with a degree in advertising. After a few years I decided to go back to school studying sciences with hope of working in the medical profession. In 1993 I moved to Ohio and attended the Ohio State University. In 1995 I was accepted to the Ohio State University Dental School in which I graduated in 2000.

I worked five years as a dentist and then was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. After a rigorous 6 months of chemotherapy and radiation therapy I was determined to be in remission. In September I had fallen out of remission and the disease had transformed into leukemia. I love my job but more important to me is the time I spend with my family. Although the disease has taken a devastating toll on my body it has brought me extremely close to my core family and my extended family.

Currently I am being treated for leukemia with hopes that my body will go into remission again and I will find a suitable bone marrow transplant match. My will to live is strong as I realize I have so much to live for. I am relying on complete strangers for a suitable bone marrow donation and I am thankful for anyone who is willing to give some of themselves so that I may live.

I thank you in advance for giving part of yourself in hopes that me or some other individual in my situation may benefit. You are truly providing somebody with the possible gift of life.

Regards,
Lars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home