Thursday, June 07, 2007

Goodbye Friend

It saddens me to pass on to everyone that Lars lost his battle earlier this evening. I received a phone call from his brother Nels, who was with him in Columbus when he passed away. On Sunday, the doctors in Texas concluded that the Leukemia had returned and that they had exhausted all medical options to help him fight the disease.

From what I understand, Lars decided that he wanted to be home to spend his final days, so they packed up and returned to Ohio earlier this week. After spending a day or two in hospice care, they moved Lars back home where he was most comfortable.

Several of Lars’ friends and I had planned to travel to Columbus on Friday to pay one last visit, but unfortunately we missed our opportunity. We are still planning on making the trip so that we may say goodbye.

I’ll try to post information regarding services, should Monica want to make them public. I’m not sure how the family wishes to deal with guests and condolences, but I will make every attempt to communicate their wishes here once I have a chance to talk to them on Friday night when I arrive.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home