Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Brother Lars

I know so many of you know and have become very good friends with Lars. So I want to explain Lars from my perspective. Lars Larsen was a piece of work. We are all keenly aware that Lars had a rough exterior. For those who were brave enough to break him down, this is what you found.

You found a witty, caring, genuine person who always made the time to make you laugh and smile. From the time Lars was a child to his untimely death Lars always kept things light. Lars had a great perspective of life. As a man, husband, and father Lars always wanted to do the right thing and he always used humor in his approach.

Lars always had a knack for scaring me. From riding down Mt. Hamilton on the wrong side of the road to standing on a ledge looking over half dome in Yosemite, Lars had a passion for adventure as dangerous as it was. Lars eventually mellowed a tad and found the right side of the road. I call her Monica.

I also call her Lars’ equal. He had to marry her, because she was the only person who could handle him 24 hours a day. Together they made the perfect team. On their team they had the Zag family, the Larsen family, and two up and coming superstars named Savannah and Sorina. When my brother became sick, it was devastating, unfair, and cruel.

Why did this have to happen to a man who had so much to offer? It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Lars has affected everyone he knows long term. Everyone should be able to take a piece of Lars and instill him into your life. Take the time to figure out what it is and make him a part of your daily life. Lars has taught me so much. I can take so many things from him….he was successful in so many different ways. I want to share some with you today:

Lars found happiness in his family and job

Lars was successful academically and professionally

Lars always gave people the benefit of the doubt

Lars knew how to forgive and forget

Lars would always do the right thing and tell you if you didn’t

Lars had friends from all walks of life

Lars was always willing to help

Lars was pretty damn funny

Lars had energy (lots of it)

Lars was a hard worker…never afraid to get his hands dirty

Lars had faith and found peace

Lars had a lot of love and most importantly…

Lars was a fighter

Lars is a champion in so many ways and his team are champions as well. We have all learned so much through Lars. I know Lars has touched all of you in some way and it is my sincerest hope that he lives on in everyone here today.

Nels Larsen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home